COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Update
As a valued customer, Tok Group wants to keep you informed as to the proactive steps we are taking in relation to the Coronavirus (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
A leader in transportation safety, it is important that we keep our employees and passengers informed and assure your safety during travel on any of our services. We have been monitoring reports provided by federal, provincial and local authorities and keep communications open with various organizations and affiliations, including health services. Based on what has been communicated, we have implemented the following preventative measures:
- We have been and will continue to wash and wipe down all of our buses on a daily basis.
- We are providing individual hand sanitizers to all of our employees.
- Disinfectant wipes will be placed on all buses so that high traffic areas, hand rails and hard surfaces can be wiped down regularly.
- Disinfectant wipes will be made available in common work areas in every depot and office so that all door knobs, and hard surfaces can be wiped down regularly.
- While en route with passengers, all efforts will be made to allow as much fresh air as possible into the bus.
We also encourage you to visit your local health services website to see the most up to date information on COVID-19. It will detail what each individual can do to prevent his or her own exposure to COVID-19, which we include below for immediate reference:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We will continue to be vigilant in our actions to ensure the safe travel of our employees and passengers and will post any updates as required.
Tok Coachlines | Tok Group