Ready for Reopening
As the Province begins to reopen it is important that we keep our employees and passengers informed and assure your safety during travel on any of our services. Our buses are now equipped with Air Purifying Systems and UV-C Lighting Kits.
Air Purifying Systems
Ensuring proper ventilation with outside air can help reduce the concentration of airborne contaminants, including viruses, inside a coach. In keeping with CDC and provincial guidelines, MCI’s coaches use a combination of fresh outside air as well as MERV filtered recirculated air to optimize cabin air quality.
Every 4 minutes (15 times per hour), passenger cabin air is completely exchanged with fresh outside air. This update is based on recent testing and validation from MCI’s engineering team. Simultaneously, all recirculated cabin air is filtered with MERV filter every two minute (30 times per hour), which removes respiratory droplets and particles as small as 3 microns.
UV-C Lighting Kits for Motorcoaches
Reducing viruses, bacteria and mold in the HVAC system. Our fleet offers an improved safety focused environment for drivers and passengers.
UV-C lamp reduces viruses, bacteria, and mold in the air and on the HVAC coil by 99.9%
Safety & Comfort are our Priority
We have been monitoring reports provided by federal, provincial and local authorities and keep communications open with various organizations and affiliations, including health services. Based on what has been communicated, we have implemented the following preventative measures:
- We have been and will continue to wash and wipe down all of our buses on a daily basis.
- We are providing individual hand sanitizers to all of our employees.
- Disinfectant wipes will be placed on all buses so that high traffic areas, hand rails and hard surfaces can be wiped down regularly.
- Disinfectant wipes will be made available in common work areas in every depot and office so that all door knobs, and hard surfaces can be wiped down regularly.
- While en route with passengers, all efforts will be made to allow as much fresh air as possible into the bus.
We also encourage you to visit your local health services website to see the most up to date information on COVID-19. It will detail what each individual can do to prevent his or her own exposure to COVID-19, which we include below for immediate reference:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We will continue to be vigilant in our actions to ensure the safe travel of our employees and passengers and will post any updates as required.
To view our fleet cleaning procedures CLICK HERE